Whether you are an experienced musician or don't have a musical bone in your body, you can make great music on your iPad
Aurora Sound Studio is our pattern based musical sequencing software for the iPad. By simply choosing a musical scale every note you play is in perfect tune, leaving you to make your own great sounding music.
Voted KILLER APP by Apps4iDevices.
If you are a more accomplished musician you simply switch Aurora to advanced mode and you get full control over the built in instruments and effects, as well as many advanced modes such as the Atomizer and XY Mode which allows you to manipulate sound in real-time. You can create your own instrument from recordings made using the built in microphone. Just think, a full drumkit of you beatboxing into the microphone!
Aurora allows a mixture of pattern based recording and live performance. You can piece together complete compositions or simply improvise a performance. All of which can be captured to a file, for use as a ringtones, or to share with others.
The expression bar in Play Mode allows you to apply pitch bend, vibrato, volume and filter glides and modulation in real time whilst soloing over a sequence. You can even pitch shift drum notes, or even a whole drum layer!
An integrated mixer, combined with the ability to add audio effects and layer automation means that you achieve a sophisticated sound in a fun and user friendly way.
MIDI Out Support allows you to use an external keyboard as a sound source replacing the internal synthesiser engines. This new feature can be used by the sequencer and for live play.
PasteBoard support means you copying of all or part of a songs audio to other applications. Aurora also allows you to copy multi-track audio directly into our multi-track recorder Meteor.
Many great features including...
- Create up to 32 patterns with seamless transitions.
- Up to 14 layers (instruments) per pattern can be used.
- Song creation of up to 199 patterns.
- Choose between Basic and Advanced modes.
- Many popular musical scales available.
- Interchangeable instruments (drum kits, synthesizers and samplers).
- Layer Automation, allows real-time manipulation of program parameters,
- XY Mode allows smooth transitions between instruments, panning and effects etc.
- Atomizer mode allows real-time splicing and looping of audio.
- Full instrument editing and user patch creation.
- Real time key and tempo changes.
- Sample your own instruments using the internal microphone.
- Import samples to create new sampler and drum kits patches.
- Full sample loop editing.
- Add effects such as echo, reverb, phaser and filters etc.
- Transpose song and pattern function.
- Full Cut, Copy and Paste of patterns and layers.
- Fully integrated help and Guided Tour feature.
- Record to file functionality for exporting your masterpiece.
- Integrated 14 channel Mixer.
- Each layer can have different note lengths (from whole to 1/64th notes).
- Definable visual layer effects.
- Sample Accurate Timing.
- Fully configurable audio settings.
- Upload and share songs. [Aurora Song Library]
Aurora for the iPad expands on the iPhone version making use of the extra screen size to offer additional functionality such as:
- Full screen 14 Channel Mixer
- New Effects Rack View
- Ability to Solo and Mute Individual Layers
- New Layer Mix Palette
- Synth Engine Features Combined into Single Screen
- File Sharing via iTunes and FTP
- Use Accelerometer to Control XY Mode
- 4 Independent Engines - Drum Machine, Analog Synth, Pad Synth and Sampler
- Inbuilt Sample Recording
- Export Songs as WAV and AAC
- Layer Automation
- Splice and Dice Audio with Atomizer Mode
- 9 Effects including - Delay, Reverb, Chorus etc
- MIDI Export Facility
- HQ Mode added to Program Settings
- Octave Control
- PasteBoard Support
- Send MIDI Song Position Pointer when playing a song
- Hold Note Feature
- Export to 'WAV' option
[Aurora Song Library]
Future Music - Aurora Sound Studio HD is the best music making app to come out so far by a long shot.
Audiobusters.com - One of the greatest music apps on the iPad
If you know what this is base on (I owned the origional) be assured this is better for 500 quid less. Loads of depth. loads of fun. The ipad was made for this...